Home / Parenting Nuggets / Parenting In COVID Time
Parenting In COVID Time26 June 2020
COVID-19, NOVEL CORONAVIRUS! Novel…the word itself means ‘new, original…something hitherto unheard of, unprecedented! How to brave something that has never been tackled earlier? For moms who have been used to sending their children to school, this is turning out to be a very, very long summer holiday. For the parents who have to work from home, they are struggling to juggle the work and a hyper toddler who can`t go out in the park and vent out his/her energies. It`s an understatement that parents have their hands full. We all are living through these unprecedented times; we all know the challenge. Read on to know some tips to sail through these unprecedented times.
9 TIPS TO SAIL THROUGH COVID-19 TIMES:
1. Wash hands regularly: Corona or not; washing hands frequently is an excellent habit to develop. Make it part of their schedule.
2. Manage Anxiety: Try to stay calm as much as possible. You will pass on your anxiety to your child, and that makes matters worse.
3. Yoga and meditation: Dedicate a few minutes of your day to meditation, yoga, and breathing techniques to strengthen their immunity.
4. Art n Craft: Try some art and craft, jigsaw puzzle, board games, face timing with friends and grandparents who stay away.
5. Movement Classes: Sessions that encourage movement, such as dance class, exercise classes, can do a lot of good to children.
6. Connect with loved ones: Don`t forget to use the same dreaded technology to keep connected with loved ones.
7. Keep a schedule: Howsoever tricky it may be, try to keep some semblance of a routine. It’s doesn`t have to be water-tight, but a basic structure can help.
8. Don`t miss sleep: Sleep is the biggest stress buster. It can help rejuvenate and also increase immunity.
9. Express gratitude: Developing a habit of expressing gratitude can help feel positivity through a stressful time.
Times are tough, but so are we! We will brave it together!!
The Modern Day Father- Changing Roles And Responsibilities Of Fathers Over Time18 June 2021
Learning Through Play - Some Brilliant Tips To Help You To Be The Best Moms And Dads!13 May 2021
5 Ways to Keeping Family Bonding and Festive Celebrations Alive in Times of Social Distancing25 October 2020
Meaningful Education For A Wholesome Tomorrow For Your Young One: Learning Beyond School5 October 2020
Why Online Learning is A Good Idea for your Kindergartner and How you can Help in Making it a Success26 September 2020