Home / Parenting Nuggets / How to Keep the Chills Away
How to Keep the Chills Away
Winters can be a crazy time for all of us, especially kids. Skin care is just the tip of the iceberg. As far as skin care is concerned, including a mustard oil massage after a bath can be especially healthy for the skin. But, besides skincare, this time can be tricky because of the viruses spread easily during winters. This can give rise to lots of winter infections such as influenza, bronchitis and a variety of other respiratory diseases. Therefore, it becomes especially important to take care of ourselves and especially kids during the winters. Here are some tried and tested methods to keep the chills away:
• Layer up: Use several layers to dress up children and make sure their head, neck, and hands are covered. It is believed, kids should wear one extra layer than adults.
• Wash hands: Make it a habit to wash their hands as soon as they come back from playground, day care or anywhere outside. Adults, handling kids should wash their hands too.
• Warm food: Include warm food such as sesame seeds, dry fruits and more. Increase intake of water and soups to keep them hydrated.
• Saline drops: Try saline nose drops to keep the nasal passage moist and let any mucus out.
• Citrus fruits: Including citrus fruits can help fight infections. Make sure you offer fruits on a sunny day.
Some ancient remedies such as increasing intake of garlic and ginger in winter, sitopladichuran, and chyawanprash during winters can help build immunity.
The Modern Day Father- Changing Roles And Responsibilities Of Fathers Over Time18 June 2021
Learning Through Play - Some Brilliant Tips To Help You To Be The Best Moms And Dads!13 May 2021
5 Ways to Keeping Family Bonding and Festive Celebrations Alive in Times of Social Distancing25 October 2020
Meaningful Education For A Wholesome Tomorrow For Your Young One: Learning Beyond School5 October 2020
Why Online Learning is A Good Idea for your Kindergartner and How you can Help in Making it a Success26 September 2020